Avocados are in season and the perfect time to make avocado egg salad. Everywhere we turn, creamy and ripe avocados recipes are popping up everywhere. Aside from our favorite avocado guacamole recipe, we love smashing avocados or adding chunks of delicious avocado into our egg salads. Why not? It’s such a treat to enjoy a simple egg salad recipe that’s studded with mashed chunks of avocado over crackers or toast. Even added to sliders make a great vegetarian avocado slider dish.
Our avocado egg salad is a breakfast, brunch or lunch waiting to happen.You can adapt this recipe by adding it to your favorite classic egg salad recipe or using our recipe below. Our recipe is pretty decadent and calls for a medium-large ripe avocado. But if you want to still maintain the integrity of the egg salad, then consider using a small avocado.
AVOCADO EGG SALAD RECIPE
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 30 min
Read post for recipe details.
- 7-8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mayonaisse
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) ground cumin and paprika (optional)
- 1 medium – large ripe avocado, chopped small
- In bowl, combine eggs, mayo, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, mustard and optional spices. Gently combine well.
- Add chopped avocado and combine into egg salad mixture. Smash the avocado to your desired texture.
- Serve with crackers or bread.