This Best Breakfast Baked Avocado Eggs Recipe is my new favorite healthy breakfast idea. Easy to make, packed with nutrients, and so tasty. Perfect to start your day the right way!
When it comes to nutrition, avocados are the holy grail. We love love love avocados! I try to incorporate them in our family meals as much as possible. Avocados are not just for making guacamole or salads.
Avocados have more potassium than a banana, they’re also a great source of lutein, a carotenoid that works to prevent eye disease and have been shown to lower cholesterol.
Half an avocado contains 138 calories and 14.1g fat, 3.4g of fiber to help you feel fuller for longer. It contains a quarter of the recommended daily intake of heart-healthy folate, which helps prevent birth defects if you’re planning a family.
Avocados contain naturally good fats; in fact over 75% of the fat in avocados is good fat with 3g coming from monounsaturated fat and 0.5g from polyunsaturated fat per 1-oz serving. We really need those healthy fats in our diets!
Avocados are really one of the best foods for babies starting at 6 months of age. They are creamy, naturally sweet, and so nutritious. At home we eat them almost everyday! They are also cholesterol and sodium free.
Best Breakfast Baked Avocado Eggs Recipe
Author: Ursula Herrera
Recipe type: breakfast
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out some avocado from the center to make room for the egg.
- Break an egg into the center of each half avocado. Don’t worry if some of the white spills out as long as the yolk is intact..
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until whites are set and yolk is runny.
Find complete recipe here