PALEO BLT SALMON SALAD TOPPED WITH A CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING THE PERFECT LIGHT HEALTHY DINNER RECIPE.
Paleo BLT Salmon Salad topped with a delicious creamy Avocado Dressing. The perfect light healthy dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
You know what’s not fun. When you have a baby and said baby starts to have a little bit of reflux problems. So you, the mommy, end up going through burp cloths, baby clothes, bedding, swaddling blankets, baby clothes, mommy clothes and daddy clothes like crazy.
BLT Salmon Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 bunch of kale, torn and massaged
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked then roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, juilienned
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1lb. salmon, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- To a small food processor add: avocado, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth. (the dressing is a little thicker, just make sure it’s not lumpy) Set aside.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, chipotle chili powder and ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir. Then season both sides of the salmon with the spice rub.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Make sure it is hot. Add grape seed oil to the pan then add salmon to the pan. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness, so you get a nice sear on both sides.) Remove from heat and let sit.
- To a large bowl, add massaged kale (see notes) halved tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion and crispy bacon. Top with blackened salmon.
- Serve with creamy avocado dressing.
How to Prep Kale: tear kale bunch into small pieces (being sure not to add the stem because it is fibrous and bitter), add a dash of sea salt to torn kale, using your hands massage the kale for 2-3 minutes. The greens will turn a dark forest green color and start to become fragrant, that’s when you know you’re done.
Find complete recipe here