quick and simple chicken cucumber avocado salad is a perfect salad to throw together at any time of the day!
This Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad is another one of those recipes that is so simple to throw together, I question whether to post it on this blog thing of mine. Then I remember those days you need something so simple and quick to throw together, and realise how much these types of salad really do get appreciated for those emergency NO COOKING WANTED type situations.
You know the ones? The types of situations you’re on the run and you haven’t had time to cook or even THINK ‘what’s for dinner’, and you want something real quick without turning on any stoves or ovens, and happen to drive past a rotisserie chicken joint, so you run in and pass-out-a-little at the mouth-watering smells that smack you right in the face, then proceed to run home and chop everything so super fast, you impress yourself with some exceptional knife skills you never thought you had in you — all thanks to the growling hunger pangs churning through your stomach.
Quick And Simple Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad is so easy to make! A perfect salad to throw together at any time of the day with NO COOKING!
Calories: 545 kcal
- 1 Rotisserie chicken , deboned and shredded (skin on or off)
- 1 large English (or continental) cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4-5 large Roma tomatoes , sliced or chopped
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 avocados , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley , chopped*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (or the juice of 2 limes)
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Mix together shredded chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, avocados, and chopped parsley in a large salad bowl.
Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice (or lime juice), and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix all of the flavours through.
*Substitute parsley with fresh basil or cilantro
Find complete recipe here