Citrus Avocado Dressing or Dip – This bright, flavorful dip is perfect with veggies, drizzled over salads, tacos, and more! (Paleo, Vegan & Whole30 Approved!)
Avocados are my love language.
I always turn to them when I want something filling, or want to kick something up a notch. They add instant flavor (and a boost of healthy fats!) to just about anything. (And I’ve basically tried them on everything!)
This citrus avocado dressing and dip has been one of my go-tos since I developed the recipe several years ago. It’s bright, it’s balanced, and it’s fantastic with so many different foods–veggies, chicken zucchini poppers, tacos, burrito bowls, salads, and more!
CITRUS AVOCADO DIP OR DRESSING
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup orange juice (I use Simply Orange or fresh-squeezed)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (if desired)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times, but it should get very smooth, light, and airy. Taste and add additional salt or pepper, as needed.
- To use as a salad dressing, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to the dressing and whisk or blend to incorporate well, until you’ve got it as thin as you like.
- This will keep 3-4 days in the refrigerator, or can be frozen for 1-2 months in an airtight container. To use, simply thaw in your refrigerator or a bowl of cold water. Whisk to bring everything back together and serve cold!
Find complete recipe here