Crispy Garlic Avocado Fries are coated in a crunchy garlic panko crust and baked to crispy perfection!
I was at a conference with a friend in Chicago and we spotted avocado fries on the menu. Avocado fries!? I love everything that has to do with avocado and couldn’t wait to try these out for myself. These had a crispy coating on the outside and the inside was still rich and creamy. Then you dip them in a delicious sauce. They make a great appetizer or are the perfect side to your next meal!
- 4 avocados, slightly firm
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey Chipotle Dip:
- ¾ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges. In a shallow dish add the eggs, in another dish add the flour, and the last dish adds the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dip the avocado into the flour, then egg, and lastly in the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
- Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes until crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
Find complete recipe here