Avocado Crema is something you need to know how to make. It is the perfect accessory for tacos, salads, rice bowls and pretty much anything else that has even a hint of Mexican flavor.
Plus, it is ridiculously easy to make, less than 5 ingredients and takes all of about 2 minutes in the blender or food processor.
Traditionally, avocado crema is made with Mexican crema (similar to sour cream but a touch more sour). You will also see it commonly made with both American style sour cream and even greek yogurt.
Since I try to avoid dairy as much as possible, I started making a Vegan, Dairy Free avocado creama a couple of years ago. I use it a lot, especially when I don’t feel like taking 15 minutes to whip up a batch of guacamole and plain avocado isn’t going to cut it.
I tend to prefer this sauce on the thicker side. If you want it a bit thinner, I suggest adding a bit more olive oil. If you decide to add additional coconut milk, you will need to adjust the salt and lime juice.
Oh, and yes, I have made this with Avocado Oil and it’s just as good.
- 1 large avocado (approx 5.5 ounces of avocado meat)
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor of jar of blender (FYI: you will usually get a thicker sauce in the food processor), process until smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately. You can store any leftovers in an air-tight container but know that the color may darken slightly over time as the avocado oxidizes. I recommend pouring into a squeeze bottle and serving from there. Enjoy!
Find complete recipe here