These Sweet Potato Avocado Brownie Bites are the answer to your chocolate craving prayers.
Today we’re sharing our favorite ooey-gooey, fudgy, chocolatey brownie bite recipe! Best of all, this recipe includes some true power foods that aren’t typically found in brownies: avocado and sweet potato (or pumpkin).
These grain-free Sweet Potato Avocado Brownie Bites make the perfect ending to your or your child’s packed lunch once or twice week. We say once or twice a week because even though these are a healthier treat….they’re still a treat – so moderation is important because we wouldn’t want you to develop a habit of having a treat after every.single.meal. This is a freezer-friendly recipe, so we recommend portioning out two or three brownie bites and freeze them in individual snack baggies for easy grab-and-go lunch box additions.
As The Real Food RDs we do enjoy treats every once in awhile. In fact, we encourage them as long as you exercise some self-control and practice portion control. We never want you to feel restricted though, as that can lead to a poor relationship with food. In addition, we like to take a sugar-loaded dessert made with unhealthy oils and refined flours and re-create them so that they are nourishing and provide the body with some good too, while still tasting delicious. You’re going to love these brownie bites!
Sweet Potato Avocado Brownie Bites
An ooey-gooey fudgy brownie bite filled with healthy fats and chocolaty goodness. Need we say more? You’ll never know this recipe includes avocado and sweet potato!
- PREP TIME:10 MINS
- COOK TIME:20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME:30 MINS
- YIELD:24 MINI-MUFFINS
- ½ cup sweet potato puree (~1 small sweet potato) or pumpkin puree
- 1 small avocado
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped* (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a mini-muffin tin with liners or grease with oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, mixer or food processor, except for the chocolate chips.
- Blend the ingredients just until smooth.
- Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- Fill each muffin well with batter. Top with remaining mini-chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling before enjoying.
*Omit walnuts for Nut-free
**Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or package 2-3 together and store in the freezer.
Find complete recipe here