The world’s new favourite fruit, avocados, have surged in popularity within the past few years. Not only do they taste great, they’re also very versatile and can be chopped, blended or mashed into any recipe to give it a nutritious boost. For anyone whose a fan of regular fries, we have an uber-healthy yummy avocado version, high in good fats and nutrients!
What’s So Great About Avocados?
Avocados have a plethora of nutrients and are very high in good fats, all of which can improve heart function and health.
This fat soluble vitamin is important for bone health and helps with blood clotting, a function that is necessary in times when the body needs to heal and repair.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegetarian
Yield: makes 2-4 servings
This recipe was created by Talia Chai, registered Holistic Nutritionist and Superstar Chef at The Hearty Soul.
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- Add pinch of sea salt, freshly ground and smoked paprika into the almond meal. Whisk egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cut avocados into wedges.
- Bread wedged avocados into coconut flour, drop in eggwash and toss them into seasoned almond meal.
- Line a parchment paper on the baking sheet and place the breaded avocado.
- Drizzle a little bit of Olive oil and bring to the oven and bake them at 400F for 30 minutes.
Find complete recipe here