loaded greek chicken avocado salad is another meal in a salad! loaded with greek flavours and ingredients, with a 5-ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
WAAAIIIYYYTTT! I NEED TO SHOOT IT! Step away from the salad and put your forks down. Hands where I can see ’em. That would be me, screaming at all the forks about to dive in. I slices some avocado on the side and took 5 shots. FIVE! It’s so beautiful I didn’t need to touch anything else.
And this salad was born. Low carb in all its glory > healthy > easy > and super delisioso. Filled with everything you find in a Greek salad from good Greek restaurants, this salad would rival any restaurant salad. Green peppers (or capsicums), cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Plus avocado for the added benefit of health fats; and chicken! Like I say, MEAL IN A SALAD.
As I said, this dressing — down there — also doubles as a marinade.
Loaded Greek Chicken Avocado Salad is another meal in a salad! Full of Greek flavours and a 5-ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
Calories: 478 kcal
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts , halved to make four fillets
Dressing / Marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves (or cos lettuce), washed and shredded
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers , halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes , cut into small wedges
- 1/2 green pepper (or capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g fresh Feta cheese , cubed
- 1/2 cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1 avocado
Whisk together all the marinade / dressing ingredients in large, shallow dish. Pour out 1/2 cup to use as the dressing; reserve in the refrigerator for later to use as the dressing.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the shallow dish and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
While chicken is marinading, prepare all of the salad ingredients (except for the avocado) in a large bowl and mix.
Heat a large grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan along with any marinade left over in the bowl. Grill or sear until the chicken is golden on the outside and cooked through, (about 5-6 minutes each side).
Remove chicken from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly and arrange over salad. Slice avocados and arrange on salad. Drizzle with the reserved UNTOUCHED dressing, and serve!
Find complete recipe here