I read an article last week that gave a list of proven foods to aid in boosting mood.
As someone who is prone to anxiety, I decided I would be cool with eating more avocado. (Who wouldn’t?)
Mostly because it’s delicious, and also because if it can help me feel less anxious, I’m ALL over that.
Anxiety sucks. I’m normally a pretty chipper person, but every now and then I get spells of feeling anxious and down.
It happens, it’s life, and I know EVERY girl out there has felt this way at least once in their life.
Luckily exercise helps with anxiety and depression (It’s definitely a MAJOR help for me.) But diet can also play a big role.
HEALTHY AVOCADO PROTEIN BROWNIES
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Dash of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup (more or less) unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 scoop IdealRaw organic protein
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- Blend avocado with egg, coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and brown sugar. Make sure there are no clumps. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, and protein powder. Add more almond milk if the batter is too thick.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Grease 8X8 baking dish and pour in brownie batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
Find complete recipe here