It may be September and fall is right around the corner, but sometimes you just want to hang on to summer and savour in the last few sunny days. On sunny days, I crave something light and refreshing. How does a simple tomato cucumber and avocado salad topped with cilantro and sunflower seeds and drizzled with a homemade lemon vinaigrette sound? My mouth is watering already and I just had this for lunch yesterday… true story.
I love salads. I could eat salad all day and all night. I eat it not only in summer, but all year round. And no matter how complicated or simple the salad is, my favourite ingredient has got to be tomatoes. There are some of you that absolutely despise tomatoes, but not me. As a child, I used to eat tomatoes like an apple. I would have a salt shaker in one hand and my tomato in another and I would bite into it and top it off with salt before the next bite.
SIMPLE TOMATO CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SALAD
Craving something light and refreshing? Try this simple tomato, cucumber and avocado salad, topped with cilantro, sunflower seeds and a lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (roughly from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, cilantro and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Find complete recipe here