This vegan avocado toast recipe is topped with baked tofu and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast flakes. It’s a hearty breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime.
You know I’m a fan of ridiculously easy vegan breakfasts. I’m also a savory breakfast fan through and through. I don’t feel like the day has really started until I’ve had something substantive.
So here’s another easy vegan breakfast idea that is rife with options – open faced vegan avocado toast with baked tofu.
This simple breakfast recipe uses baked tofu, a sprinkling of nutritional yeast flakes, avocado, and a piece of toast. This delicious start to the day has a hit of protein and fat to keep me going until lunchtime.
For the tofu portion of this recipe, use any baked tofu you like. Even though it costs more than baking your own, lately I’ve been purchasing packages of baked tofu slabs. They’re so easy for a really quick protein-packed snack, putting on top of salads, or cutting into squares, air frying, and using on a stir-fry.
Vegan avocado toast with baked tofu
This hearty vegan avocado toast is topped with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast flakes and savory baked tofu. It’s a filling & substantive breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime.
- 6 ounces baked tofu
- 2 to 4 slices bread
- 1 sliced avocado, pit removed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes, divided
- The tofu can be served on the avocado toast either warm or cold. I like to warm it in the air fryer by putting the whole slabs in the air fryer and cooking at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, stopping once to flip. If you don’t have an air fryer, you could heat the tofu in a skillet for a few minutes on each side. After it is warm, remove the tofu from air fryer or skillet, and cut the tofu in thin slices.
- Toast bread in the toaster. You can go lighter on the toppings and make 4 avocado toasts, or you can go heavier on the toppings and make 2 avocado toasts. So toast the amount of bread that you need, depending on your preferences.
- Once the bread is toasted, top each slice with avocado, and smash it onto the bread with a fork. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of nutritional yeast flakes on top of the avocado on each piece of toast. Top with sliced tofu and serve.
Find complete recipe here